Easy, family friendly, and sneaky-vegetables are what we are about in our house! This is a great recipe that works for the whole family, and puts to use those vegetables in your fridge that you're looking to use up. This lasagna freezes well, too - so I often will make two pans of it at a time and pop one in the freezer for when I'm feeling like making dinner just isn't an option for me, but I know the family could use something hearty & veggie packed!
Simple Weeknight Vegetable Lasagna
- Start by dicing all your veggies into small pieces. Depending on babys age, you can ues a food processor to ensure small pieces that blend well with your sauce. Sautee all your veggies in a pan with a light coating of olive oil. I like to use any combination of the following:
- bell peppers
- zucchini or yellow squash
- diced tomatoes
- Once these are cooked down, add in your tomato sauce - i like to keep this over low heat to let the flavors blend, and add a bit of Italian seasoning.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese (2 ½ cups), an egg, and parmesan cheese (¼ cup).
- Spread 1 cup sauce mixture into the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish. Layer with uncooked lasagna noodles, followed by cheese mixture, and then sauce. Repeat layers and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove foil for last 10 minutes of baking to crisp up your top layer!
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
image via Inspired Taste